Monday, December 04, 2006

I just couldn't wait!

Look what arrived in the post today and was sitting on the kitchen table waiting for me when I got home!



I was going to wait for Christmas! Really I was! Honest. But it sat there looking at me, taunting me with it's festive box and bow and I broke. I caved and thought I'd just take a little peak. Well a little peak led me to red tissue with sparkles. What's a girl to do? Especially one such as myself with absolutely zero will power. Even when I was little, ok really until I left home and got married, I used to get to open an early Christmas present - well admittedly it was on Christmas Eve just before bed, but still it was an early present, and what does it matter if it's twenty days earlier than I would normally have ever considered opening such a present?

So I threw caution to the wind and carefully pulled back the tissue paper to reveal this:



The very wool I have been coveting since I first laid eyes on it on Pick Up Stick's website! In the very colour I've been wanting too! How did Connie know? How I ask! Maybe she has a direct line into Santa! But all I can say is Teresa somewhere out there in knitty land has exceptional taste and Connie of Pick Up Sticks is amazing at pairing people up with their yarn!

Now. Can I wait till after Christmas to start knitting with Sweet Georgia's Handpainted Berry? It calls to me. Softly, subtly, but there it is, ever whispering my name. Urging me onto sock-y delights!

4 comments:

  1. Nice yarn. What did you choose for the swap?
    I also participated and got a skein of Sweet Georgia Handpainted in Merlot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh. I love the Merlot one too! I chose Sweet Georgia's Handpainted in Chinois! I loved that swap! I hope she does more like that again. Have you already started knitting with yours? I'm trying so hard to be a good girl and leave it at least until my Christmas knitting is done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still deciding what to do with my skein. I'm a bit wary of making socks with something that is not superwash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm. Me too! Never really thought about that till you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete