Sunday, February 25, 2007

Could spring be on its way???

Bliss... It's been lovely warm here in Winnipeg the last few days! It's been snowing on and off, but who cares! It's only -2 *C today! Whooo hooo! I didn't need my sixteen layers of clothing today. (You know, long underwear, wool socks, fleecy, parka, scarf, toque, mitts etc.)

It's been a busy week! Had little nephew Robbie's 1st birthday on Monday. I can't believe he's one already! He's my little man, always full of grins and cuddles for Aunty! What a sweetie!

Yesterday I was over at my friend Geri's house and she told me she's going to be doing the Weekend to End Breast Cancer here in Winnipeg on the weekend of June 8-10th. For those of you who may not know about this phenomenal event, participants do a walk of 60kms over a weekend and have a goal raise at least $2000.00 each, which here in Winnipeg goes to CancerCare Manitoba. There's walks taking place throughout the country. If you would like more information on the walk, click on the link in my sidebar. I'm so proud of Geri taking on this endeavor to walk as she says, "for those who can't."

Now, onto much more trivial matters... such as well... knitting! I've been having a really hard time not ordering any Sweet Georgia this week! I may break down in the next hour and phone and place an order. I missed out on my favourite colours at Pick up Sticks because I was too slow to order, but then I got an email notification that Lettuce Knits has some laceweight and superwash sock yarns. Aggghhh. Why must the gods of knitty-ness continually tempt me. I am not that strong! I figure I have another forty minutes to either call the store in Toronto or not. Maybe I should call, and then if they don't have the colour I want, then I can hold out, and if they do have it? Well then clearly, it's fate and meant to be! And everyone knows you shouldn't mess with fate. Right?

In other knitty matters, I finished a little present for my Knitty SP8 partner and mailed her parcel off to her. I hope she likes it! Not saying what it is 'cause I don't want her to stumble across this and then it wouldn't be secret anymore would it? I also started a new tote for the International tote exchange III. I am not sure that my brown and pink bag is as nice as I'd hoped and perhaps not as suitable for my partner, so I'm doing a cabled bag from Patons instead. I think I'll do a few minor changes to the pattern, but am really hoping to have it done by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest so I can mail it off to her! I found some nice treats to go with it, so I'm looking forward to her reaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment