Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snowy surprises

I had a wonderful snow themed surprise waiting for me the other day when I got home from work! It was none other than my SnoFlake swap parcel from my partner Merrymom! She spoiled me rotten and I'm loving it! It was full of goodies for the bath, knitting and crafty delights, tea, coffee, stationary, candles, a snowman and a wonderful thick dishcloth. Thank you Merrymom! What a wonderful parcel!

I've been quite busy with my knitting these days - seems fitting given the temperatures outside have taken a downward plunge. I've started seven projects in the last week and some are even done!

First up are three cel phone cases that I'm particularly pleased with! (BF)G had requested a new one as his from last year finally wore out and while I was at it I made two others as well for myself and one for the boys' cel phone. Now I have a request for a pink fluffy one for G's cel.

Next on the "done and thank goodness 'cause it's so ridiculously cold outside" is my hat from theYarn Harlot's pattern and a pair of mitts of no specific design I knit the set out of Ram Wools' latest house brand yarn, Lana Linda. I got it on sale for about $7.50 last week and my little set took about a skein and a half. I love this yarn, it's soft, thick and easy to work with!

I also cast on a pair of socks for either (BF)G or N - whoever claims them first. It matters not to me! I'm making the "Gentleman's Winter Socks" from Nancy Bush's Vintage Knits. As well while I'm waiting for delivery of my emergency purchase of another two balls of yarn for my bulky cabled sweater - managed to get all but half a sleeve and the button bands done out of the yarn I'd originally purchased, yey for Elann still having my dyelot in stock - I cast on for the Gathered Pullover from Interweave Knits. It's going to take me forever given that it's a sport weight yarn and I've only got an inch and a half done so far, but I think it's going to be good once it's done. The yarn, Mr. Joe Blanket, is soft and my hands are enjoying it!

Well, I guess it's time to bundle up, go start the van and head over to the nursing home to visit Grandma! At least they keep the temperature somewhere near tropical most of the time, so I should thaw out from the drive over there a bit before venturing out into the cold again...

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous colour for the mittens and hat! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS your gauge might be just fine for your Gathered Pullover. Don't forget - I used cotton, which tends to have quite a bit of give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristina!

    I'm sure glad I made a new hat and mitts... it's bloody -45 with the windchill today. Arrrggghhh....

    Oh that's right! I forgot about it being cotton. Maybe I'll just keep going on the size I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristina!

    I'm sure glad I made a new hat and mitts... it's bloody -45 with the windchill today. Arrrggghhh....

    Oh that's right! I forgot about it being cotton. Maybe I'll just keep going on the size I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good night! -45! I knew there was a reason I lived in a temperate climate.

    I'm glad you finished your hat and mittens too! You need them!

    Keep Warm!

    ReplyDelete