Monday, April 07, 2008

Coffee Swap Assignment 2

Since some of us is beginning to see glimpse of Spring, while others are still getting snow have you change what projects are working on? Have you put away the hats, scarfs and mittens, and brought out the cute tank top sweater projects and lacy wraps? Have you change yarn to something more lighter and cooler, not so heavy and bulky?

Well I hesitate to say it on the off chance it will jinx it, so I'll just say it very, very quietly. Sssshhhhh... I think that spring is finally arriving. Of course, I could be wrong, because this is the prairies afterall and in the last five years at least once it snowed in May. I remember the date even. May 11/04. I remember it because the next day was the first snow day of the year that staff did not have to report to school the next day. Which was stupid because it was blizzarding to beat the band on the afternoon of the 11th as I made the long horredous drive back to the city, but by the morning of May 12th when they cancelled classes and told us that we didn't need to report the snow had pretty much melted on the highways. But whatever. I remember it was kind of a fun day. And to further my point about the prairies and not trusting spring is here until it's actually summer is that just on Friday night, when I peaked out the window at 11:00pm it was snowing like December out there. So there you go. One never knows. But if I'm to trust the weather forecasters, this week seems pretty spring like to me. Here's hoping.

Anyways onto matters at hand. I'm still knitting scarves and sweaters and blankets. But the scarf is in luxurious Fleece Artist Sea Silk so it's light and airy and so lovely to knit with! The sweater is in a dull flannel grey (see yesterday's post)but all I've left to do is the sleeves so it would seem a shame to put it away now. At least this way I have half a chance of having it ready for the cooler temps in the fall! And the blanket, well that's a baby gift for a baby whose due date is tomorrow, so there's no choice but to finish it. Besides. After last night's efforts I only have 10 rows left to go and then weave in the ends and "Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt", I'll be done. I did of course take a break from the wintery wear last week and knit my Tiny Tulip Socks as a ode to the birth of spring!

This of course is not to say that I've not been dreaming of switching it up and knitting summery delights! A couple of things right now at the top of my list are the Josephine Top from Interweave Knits and Lanaknits Lacy Little Top.

But first things first. I need to at least finish the baby blanket!!!!

3 comments:

  1. sea silk sea silk sea silk sea silk
    sea silk sea silk sea silk sea silk
    sea silk sea silk sea silk sea silk
    sea silk sea silk sea silk sea silk
    sea silk sea silk sea silk sea silk
    sea silk sea silk sea silk sea silk
    sea silk sea silk sea silk sea silk
    sea silk sea silk sea silk sea silk...

    oops... er, sorry. You caught me in a little daydream, Sarah! :-)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Kristina I blame you entirely for my new found need to have sea silk in my stash. I was perfectly ok walking past it everytime until you sang it's praises. But oh my word! It's like heaven. Sometimes I just sit and pat my yarn rather than knit it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the interweave knits summer 2007 issue with the origami cardi pattern? Darcy

    ReplyDelete