Friday, October 17, 2008

Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap

Once again I'm participating in a yarn/coffee swap! Here's my questionaire for it:

About Your Yarn Passion
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn? Knit – I learned the summer between grade two and three. (which makes it about 29 years or so!)

2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I love wooden needles and right now am somewhat obsessed with my Knitpicks harmony 2.5 mm fixed circular. I just wish my silly kitten hadn’t thought it good for chewing on! (it’s a little rough in spots now. Grrr)

3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others? I love just about anything.

4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? On the needles right now? Clementine Shawlette, Mystery Socks for a Soctoberfest KAL, Mr. GreenJeans, a baby sweater, and I’m just finishing up the Cambridge Jacket. My oldest is the Clementine Shawlette – I started it two summers ago, frogged it and re-started it this past summer.

5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you? Socks, socks and more socks. (Small, easily transported and most airport security have no problem with wooden/bamboo needles, which I always use for socks)

6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try? I’m easy. I love most yarns equally – just not fun fur. I went on a fun fur jag a few years back and still have way to much of it in my stash!

7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand? I love rich colours, or earthy colours. I’m not much one for pastels or neons!

Your Coffee Passion
1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not? Caffeine. Definitely need the caffeine!

2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press? Whole bean – just a regular old drip coffee maker

3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type? A lighter roast is preferred

4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins? Milk and my last coffeeswap partner sent me a set of flavour shakers for my coffee, there are about six variations of chocolate and caramel and I am completely addicted to them all.

5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine? Both!

6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? I am shameful with the Starbucks! We have one right here in the library I work at so in the fall I’m a sucker for their Pumpkin Spice Latte. Mmmmm.

7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? A big thick mug. I’d sit on my back deck and enjoy the fall colours and the crisp morning air.

8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? Sweet treats… I’ve never met one I didn’t like!

All about YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I sew and I do some scrapbooking when I have the time

2. Do you collect anything? Thimbles and snowmen.

3. What is your favorite part of Autumn? The colours of the leaves and the crispness of the air

4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? I like spicy sents for the home and very light floral sents for my body.

5. Are you allergic to anything? Nothing that would be applicable here

6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? I’m Highlanddancemom on Ravelry

7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day? At home, out in the yard enjoying the last of the sunshine, or walking the dogs through the fields. If the weather’s gloomy, then I’d curl up on the couch or in the armchair in the living room and knit to my heart’s content!

So there you have it!

I'll be posting some knitting updates early next week (or on the weekend if I can ever get my internet at home back up and running...)

No comments:

Post a Comment