Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Continuing on with My #sewoveritsummer


Sew Over It Heather Dress

I've checked another project off my list and made myself a summer version of the Heather Dress and I couldn't be happier about it!  I practically lived in my quilted jersey version this past fall and winter so I knew I wanted to make a short sleeve one for warmer weather.  It's the perfect dress for just throwing on.  No fuss, no muss.  Dress it up, dress it down.  It doesn't matter, it just feels great wearing it.  And pockets.  Oh those pockets.  I do love me some big pockets!

There's not too much to say about this one that I didn't already say when I made my winter one.  I sewed it pretty much directly from the envelope (Ok, printer since it was a PDF) and shortened the hemline about 2" before hemming it.  I did add a bit of stabilizing clear elastic along the shoulder seams because I was using a lightweight knit but those are the only changes I did to it from the original design/instructions.

I have my eye on a really pretty grey and yellow print jersey at the local Fabricland that I really want to make another Heather with, but it's going to have to go on sale or they're going to have to put out another 50% off email coupon before I take the plunge on buying it, because I refuse to spend $20/metre for a dress especially given right now I rarely have the opportunity to wear a dress since my weekday wardrobe consists of jeans and steel toes... And yet I keep making dresses and buying fabric for dresses and dreaming of dresses.  Huh.  Logic was possibly never my strong point! LOL

Sew Over It Heather Dress

I'm not sure what project to tackle next.  Perhaps I'll grab my list, close my eyes, point and see what I land on!




2 comments:

  1. Can I ask a quick question about this pattern: did you have to make any pattern adjustments? You and I are similar in size and I typically have had to make FBA on all the Sew Over It pattern. Just curious on this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, adjustments at all on this one! :)

      Delete